The thing about acne creams is that you have to actually wait for a zit to appear before you can really test it out …..sounds weird but that’s true! Well around a few weeks back, I was able to put Himalaya Herbals acne n pimple cream to a whirl b’coz here n there appeared few zits out of now-where. I don’t have a sensitive skin so I can’t review review it on the basis of someone whoeze actually facing a ton of acne issues but for here n there popping up zits, here’z my review……
Himalaya’s Acne N Pimple Cream comes in a squeezy tube & is infused with herbal ingredients to battle the zits ~ It has that sharp herbal fragrance that reminds you in an instant that this is all very Ayurvedic. I Control CV’ed the list of ingredients infused from the Himalaya website & here they are:
- Lentil’s astringent and anti-inflammatory properties help in reducing inflammation associated with acne.
- Silk Cotton Tree extracts have astringent properties, which are beneficial in treating acne and skin eruptions.
- Alum is an effective astringent, styptic and antiseptic. It is beneficial in superficial infections, acne and ulcers.
- Barbados Aloe possesses moisturizing and healing properties and is widely used in creams, lotions and shampoos. It is effective in treating skin disorders such as acne, sunburns, bruises and dermatitis.
- Five-Leaved Chaste Tree has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties which are useful in treating sores and skin infections.
From what it seems, it is a cream that has like astringent properties to cease the acne. The formula is very oily…sort of greasy also I’d say but in no means this is supposed to be applied all across the face. This is the kind of cream you apply as a spot treatment. I tried it a couple of times nd I thought it did an okayish job ~ It kind of did control the acne’s nd reduce the redness around the acne zone but it did not like completely dry them down nor did it really have an effect on my existing scars/pigmentation. It was the kinds to cease the acne popping action but it did not like dry them down so I’d say it kind of does it’s job but don’t expect like extreme zapping results with this cream. You may have to play around with it to see how it works for you. The good thing is that it’s super budgeted @ 45 bucks for 20 grams & it does control the acne’s to some extent but you have to be patient because it takes a couple of applications before you can actually see some results with it.
Another thing is that because this cream has a very creamy n oily formula, I think this would be best suited for dry/normal/combination skin & not so much for oily skin because this stuff will make you just a little bit more oily & that may not turn out well.
All in All, I think this is one of those creams that may not work for everyone but because it is super budgeted you could give it a whirl & see if it works for you ~ For me, It kind of did control the growth of acne but it did not completely zap them out nor did it have any effect on the existing scars.
Price-Quantity: INR 45 for 20 g
Corals W/ Blues Rating: B
Disclaimer: Product by Brand. Honest Review to the Best of my knowledge!